Did you know that 39% of small businesses use managed service providers is some capacity?
The thing is, with the world having made considerable shifts to remote working and the entire business industry changing, IT services are more in demand than ever. Small businesses need a way to stay abreast of their ever-changing IT needs.
This is exactly where IT management solutions come in. If the scope of your business means that your resources, be it time or money, cannot stretch enough to cover your IT requirements, then IT managed services are what you need.
What Are IT Management Solutions?
With managed IT services, IT functions can be outsourced to a vendor as contracted or subscription services. These services can be used to relieve in-house teams of their responsibilities, supplement in-house teams who are unable to meet IT demand, or totally replace in-house teams.
MSPs can assist in ensuring that IT duties are covered 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and can provide specific knowledge or skills that might otherwise be unavailable.
What Are Managed IT Responsibilities?
Managed IT services cover a wide range of duties, however they usually comprise the following:
- Hardware and infrastructure monitoring and management either remotely or onsite
- Monitoring, penetration testing, threat hunting, and incident response are examples of security services
- Cloud service configuration, the monitoring thereof, and cloud management
- These services can be provided together with or totally aside from managed cloud services or other IT services
- Support for communications, including telephone systems
It boils down to what your business requirements are and how much expertise your chosen managed IT provider has. Part of their service repertoire can even include the monitoring and procurement of hardware as and when required.
Benefits Of IT Management Solutions
There are countless reasons why your business may benefit from managed IT services. Let’s have a look at these:
- Managed services are typically paid for on a subscription basis, making them a manageable operational expense, this is advantageous since it ensures predictable IT spend
- Hiring and training IT staff is an expensive and extensive process but with Managed IT services, you can outsource these operations to a provider that already has the necessary personnel and expertise
- A managed services provider’s security solutions enable total network protection, including protection against suspicious file activity, evolving malware, unpatched vulnerabilities, and web-based attacks
- A managed services company can assist you in quickly implementing new technologies, saving you money and time
Only you would know whether your business will benefit from the above list. Realistically though, even just analysing the advantage of security solutions should be convincing you.
Finding The Right IT Guy
Ok, so IT management solutions and providers are not quite the same as your average IT guy, but still, how do you find the right partner?
Keep your needs and expectations transparent when starting your IT requirement discussion.
Or, simply contact us for reputable IT services today. We’ve got you covered from data backups to managed IT services.